28 September 2010

il formagino!

i just had a revelation.

this is a picture of treiste at night. not the same view from my window, but a view in the same direction (toward the water).


you see that little lit-up thing on top of the mountain in the distance? 

that's il formagino (i think that's what it's called) ! it's a church and (allegedly) it looks like a cheese (?) so it's called il formagino! 

well. i can see it from my bedroom window! unfortunately, i don't have a picture from my bedroom window at night, but i will take one - promise! 

tonight as i was lying in bed, staring out my window/door to my fake-out porch, and just looking at il formagino, i was trying to think about why i thought it was so cool that i could see it from my room.  at times, we've been some random place in town and have seen it and i've gotten excited, "hey! you can see that from my window!" and everyone has responded with an unimpressed "eh, yeah..." you can see it from most places in the city, i suppose.  it's somewhat of a prominent visible landmark in trieste so i guess it's not that big of a deal? 

and then it hit me! it's like being able to see the roanoke star from your bedroom window!  if you were in roanoke and you saw the star and someone said, "hey! i can see that from my window!!" you would be very unimpressed, no? there's such a parallel. 


am i slow to have not made this connection yet? 


i have my own man-made, lit-up structure on a mountain in the near distance :) it really does feel like home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Get it star!!!!!

Thank goodness Kostayne Link's grandfather built that bad boy, where would we be w/o it.

And whoda thunk you'd be that homesick for Roanoke?

Emily and Bobby Mountcastle said...

The star misses EBaar