20 July 2011

my obsession with the sunset

i'm sure it's no secret that my favorite time of day is the evening.  after work and before it gets dark, when the sun is making it's way down to the horizon and the sky takes on a character different from earlier in the day, i always find myself mesmerized.  when the sun sits high above the world and the skies are blue, life is good.  but during the indeterminate time between afternoon and night, the sky turns into an incredible piece of artwork that can never be accurately predicted.  

while the sunset never looks quite the same each day, it always happens.  wherever you are, whatever the weather is like, the sun always makes its way down and past the horizon.  and even though it's not always miraculous or even visible, it always happens - it exists everywhere and no matter how my day has gone, the sky will change in the evening, thus making the sunset somewhat of a comfort for me.

i believe that my obsession stems from just that - the consistency.  when little else is consistent in my life of travel and chaos, there's always the sunset.


No comments: