23 March 2011

freckles! it's about time.

today has been the best day. the weather is amazing! like, sunshine ALL DAY. went for an amazing run (in preparation for my 10k a milano this weekend) -- note: i accidentally typed "fun" instead of "run" in the past sentence. freudian slip? -- and played lots of soccer with the boys in my class (i scored a goal! they were impressed)

and then, i had the following conversation with a friend which made me laugh about the bora: 


Katie:  im so jealous you have good weather.
 me:  it's amazing
the weather gods OWE me, though
 Katie:  uh oh why?
 me:  it rained all fall here. i mean like months in a row. AND the bora exists
 Katie:  wtf is the bora?
 me:  funny you should ask!
 Katie:  hahaha perfect
 Katie:  so funny
mostly about the crane
 me:  yeah that was hilarious
i mean a giant crane
just blew away
 Katie:  i mean that's a costly expense
   also a good lie for homework
"it blew away"
a likely story
 me:  hahaha
 Katie:  and then the kid could respond "remember when the bora blew away a crane?...it's definitely possible to blow away my homework"
 me:  hahahahahahahaha
Katie:  im laughing out loud because that would be so clutch
me:  definitely a "pro" to the bora's existence

and then she proceeded to tell me that she and her soon-to-be-groom are buying a house, much like my other close married friends. and this sent me back into fits if indecision about life like that day i entered into my quarter-life crisis. but then she said the following: 

Katie:  so you can come visit me and stay in a guest room!!!
 me:  you're a grown up
OMG
you're going to have a  guest room?!
 Katie:  its sort of exciting that my friends could bring someone home if they visited me

and i laughed. and the day was good again. 

and THEN, i went to a student's house (that was on the side of a mountain and had amazing vistas of the city and sea) and learned how to make meringes! AND i ate amazing homemade italian food, drank delicious vino e prosecco, was told that my italian pronunciation is "perfetto" (which i'm not sure is true but, boh), AND walked in on my students (about 8 boys and girls who were there) playing truth or dare and talking about jabas. mamma mia, to be 10 years old again. 

spring is here! 

x

No comments: