06 March 2011

my quarter-life crisis.

so, last night, after a wonderful day in venezia for carnevale, i was having a much-overdue skype catch up with the parents.

this is when it happened. my mom said, "elizabeth, i have some terrible news for you." after assuring me that no one was dead/seriously injured/ill, i (jokingly) asked, "haha did i get kicked off of your free flights?!" and she said, "no, but you will be in 2 weeks."  for some random reason, the airline decided that instead of allowing children to keep the benefits of free flights until their 25th birthday, they now will be cut off at age 24. and that will be me in 2 weeks.

for those of you who know me, at all, i used those free flights A LOT. what am i going to do?!?! last night i had dreams of being stuck in airports and all day today i've been feeling anxious, like i need to be going places! and doing things!

the bulk of my "move to new york in september" plan hinged upon the fact that NYC is a gateway city and i could very easily use the end of my free flights go visit all of the people i need to visit! what do i do now?! 


i mean, how do i get to alaska to visit seth? and to el salvador to visit jordan?! and to SD to visit amy and caitlin!? and all the other places i need to go?!?! i can't comprehend that i have to plan ahead more than 2 weeks and actually purchase plane tickets. it's blowing my mind. and before you call me out for sounding like a very spoiled brat -- i recognize that being able to travel for free is a MAJOR luxury. which is why i'm so distraught at having it taken away from me!!

the more i think about this, the more claustrophobic and stuck in one place it makes me feel.

xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so bummed, too, for you. Sorry, Mom