04 October 2010

road trip to toscana!

had an incredible weekend in siena showing my friends around!  we hung out with marina and anto and did all of my favorite things -- so.much.fun. i want to go back tomorrow. here are the highlights, told with photos:


driving in italy! woooooo! the drive was about 5 hours but super easy. they have so many signs all over the highways that it's hard to miss a turn or make a wrong turn so that was nice.  i drove the whole way on friday and i fit in quite well with italian drivers (not quite as well as V, though.....)! we had rented a VW polo, it made me miss my bettlebug at home - wish i had a car here in trieste!


reuniting with my main ladybird in piazza del campo - look at her loving gaze, we are obsessed with each other. drinking dirty shirleys in piazza with marina made my life. 

my favorite more-than-half-italian couple: marina and antonio

Kristin, me, Veronica, and Lizzy - loved being in one of my favorite places with so many people that i love.

found nazzareno and luigi! yay for old friends.

beautiful weather on saturday -- great views of siena and the tuscan countryside (at the beginning of fall) from the panorama at il duomo

looked at lots of wine in the showroom of the enoteca...

then drank some delicious wine on the patio, gorgeous weather!


my DELICIOUS pici al nando at la taverna di cecco - so so spicy and so so delicous

veronica enjoying her pici al cinghiale (wild boar) that she loved.

piazza del campo at night


siena, you are the love of my life. 


and now, it's monday and i'm back in trieste.  i really do like trieste but being in siena made me really miss tuscany -- the two are SO different that they can't even really be compared. but this weekend is the famous barcolana regatta and there are pre-barcolana festivities by the canal and the sea all week.  loads of people come to town from all over europe and the city is apparently really busy every single night leading up to the race.  it doesn't seem like i'll be catching up on much sleep this week.... 

oh well, you can sleep when you're dead, right?

xx! liz.

No comments: